Greetings citizens of White Pine.
As Mayor of the Town of White Pine I just wanted to take a few minutes of your time to address you about the COVID-19 or Coronavirus.
As of this time we are taking steps to ensure the we as a Town are making sure that our emergency plans are up to date. We are keeping up with guidelines set out by the CDC and TN Dept of Health. We are asking everyone to assist us with flattening the curve of this pandemic. I urge everyone to follow the simple guidelines set out by:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick,
- Put distance between yourself and other people This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitzer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
As of this time we are still on our normal operating schedule and will be providing the same courtesy services as we normally do.
We urge everyone to follow the guidelines that are being recommended by the CDC and State Health Dept which can be followed by going to CDC.gov or TN.gov.